New York, June 26, 2023 – Google is excited to announce the launch of the all-new “INP Metric: Core Web Vitals Report” in Google Search Console, offering website owners and developers a comprehensive analysis of their site’s performance and user experience.
Core Web Vitals is a set of essential metrics that assess key aspects of a website’s loading speed, interactivity, and visual stability. These metrics, including Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FID), and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS), directly impact how users perceive and interact with web pages. By measuring these factors, website owners can identify areas for improvement and enhance user satisfaction.
The newly introduced “INP Metric” stands for “Input Delay Neutralizing Potential” and focuses specifically on the user experience during page interactions. It provides insights into how quickly a webpage responds to user input, ensuring a smooth and seamless browsing experience. By evaluating the INP Metric, website owners can optimize their sites to reduce input delays and enhance user engagement.
The Core Web Vitals Report in Google Search Console empowers website owners and developers with actionable data and recommendations to optimize their site’s performance. The report provides a clear overview of the website’s Core Web Vitals performance, highlighting areas that need attention.
Key features of the Core Web Vitals Report include:
- Performance Data: Detailed insights into the performance of Core Web Vitals, such as LCP, FID, and CLS, across various pages of the website.
- Diagnostics: Identification of potential issues impacting Core Web Vitals, along with actionable suggestions to address them.
- Historical Data: Tracking and comparison of Core Web Vitals performance over time, enabling website owners to monitor progress and measure the impact of optimizations.
- Mobile and Desktop Analysis: Separate analysis and reporting for both mobile and desktop versions of the website, recognizing the importance of responsive design.
- URL Grouping: Grouping of similar URLs for easier analysis and identification of trends in Core Web Vitals performance.
Google remains dedicated to enhancing the web browsing experience for users worldwide. By equipping website owners and developers with the Core Web Vitals Report and the innovative INP Metric, Google aims to promote the optimization of websites for superior performance, ensuring that users can swiftly and effortlessly access the information they seek.
To gain access to the Core Web Vitals Report and leverage the INP Metric in Google Search Console, website owners can conveniently log into their Search Console account and navigate to the Core Web Vitals section. The report will be accessible to both new and existing Search Console users.
For further details regarding Core Web Vitals and the new INP Metric, please visit the Google Search Central website or contact the Google Search Console support team.